How a Website and Adwords Marketing Kickstarted Sales For a Remodeling Company
Patrick Richardson is the owner of Murrayhill Remodeling in Beaverton, Oregon. He’s operated a successful remodeling business for 22 years. Word of mouth has been his go-to marketing strategy. It required no effort and always seems to keep a steady flow of new jobs coming in.
Patrick had been thinking about applying an online marketing plan for many years. He knew he would have to eventually if he wanted to continue to grow his company. A lull in jobs at the beginning of 2017 spurred Patrick to finally take action and find someone to help him create a sustainable marketing system that would bring in new customers for years to come.
The company already had a website, but it wasn’t doing anything. They had also tried some other lead generation services such as Houzz and Yodel. Nothing was working.
Our Approach to Marketing
Since Patrick needed jobs fast, we decided on a strategy that would capture homeowners that were actively looking for a contractor. The plan was to create an attractive website and drive traffic to it with Google Adwords.
Our target audience was homeowners that were looking to have high-end renovations performed on their homes throughout the Portland area.
The website was designed for a clean and bold look that complimented the Murrayhill Remodeling brand. Navigation was kept simple so the user could easily find the information they were looking for and could call Patrick with the click of a button.
The website was built with a proper foundation for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to help it rank on Google Search and collect organic traffic. With the fundamentals set up correctly, the website was ready in case we decided to carry out an ongoing SEO campaign.
The Results We Produced
Within 2 weeks, Patrick was receiving phone calls and setting up appointments.
After a month, plans were being made and designs drawn up.
Two months in, the crew was back on a job site working hard to remodel homes for their newly acquired customers.
By the time 2018 rolled around Patrick had the entire year booked up. 80% of his calendar is now full of projects brought about directly from his marketing strategy. The other 20% from word of mouth.
For less than $15,000 Patrick has put over $1.8 million on his books.
With $1000/mo Adwords budget he is able to bring in 3-5 solid prospects per month.
Using Adwords has given him the flexibility to increase or decrease the traffic depending on how busy he is at the moment. It’s also forced him to develop a strategy for qualifying customers quickly so he can spend his time working with the customers he wants and not waste time on tire-kickers.
What We Learned
We learned that Adwords is an amazing tool for a remodeling company. Homeowners are using the internet to research the projects they have in mind and when it comes time to find a contractor. That’s why, in 2018, it’s extremely important to have a professional web presence. Going forward consumers will rely more and more on information they find online in order to make decisions. Studies already show that online reviews carry more weight than personal referrals.
Overall Patrick and his team at Murrayhill Remodeling discovered the importance of marketing and have made it a normal part of business operations. Now that his schedule is full and the instant-gratification style of marketing isn’t necessary, he is working on a more long-term plan to drive organic traffic to his website and bring in a steady flow of new customers.
Here’s What Patrick Had to Say in His Own Words:
“My name is Patrick Richardson. I own Murrayhill Remodeling LLC. We are a small “boutique” remodeler serving the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area. We have been in business 21 years and are now focused on luxury kitchens, bathrooms, room additions and whole home renovations.
Anyone who runs a small enterprise knows how difficult it is to grow. You feel balanced on a knife’s edge. Eventually you realize that effective marketing is half of the battle. For many years I dreamt of a strategy to market my company without spending too much. We all have heard the adage, “You have to spend money to make money.” I knew that was true but fear of a costly experiment kept me from spending.
I hired Chuck and his team at Adapt Digital Solutions to perform online marketing for my remodeling business. In just three months they launched my company to the top of the Portland remodeling market. I am averaging more leads every 15 days than I would see an entire year. We have been forced to develop a screening process to find the the ideal clients and it is working beautifully.
Having an increased amount of quality leads coming in regularly has allowed me to pick and choose the clients I work with. There is no doubt that investing in a quality website was a great move for my company.“